Friday, December 16, 2005

One Day In Heidelberg

Natascha and I decided to see more of Germany the last month or so before I came to Kuwait, after living there for almost a year.

This shot was taken of one of the towers at the Heidelberg Castle in Germany. The sun was just starting to go down and I thought it was the perfect time for a shot.

The Castle was so huge! From the parking garage it was an agonizing 167 steps (all of them labeled), or a long up hill walk of , what we didn't know, a quarter mile. After we got up to the castle we took the non-crowded walk around the north and east side, then around the back to the enterance. Suprisingly it wasn't too expensive to get in to the courtyard then another fee for the tour. I think we could've done with out the tour - long and boaring - but we paid a small price to see the inside of the castle.

The next weekend we went to the Kusel Castle which was a little closer to home. Again a place we never went to in the first 11 months I lived in Germany even though it's a mere 20 min. away.

All's well that ends well I guess. Natascha and I saw more of Germany in the last two weeks, than the rest of the time I was there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home