Friday, March 10, 2006

A Vacation Gone Too Quick...




Back in the Lovley month of February here in Kuwait is was starting to get a little warmer. It was raising from the mid fifties to the mid sixties during the days and the winds - and in turn the sand storms - were becoming more frequent.

But luckly I got a two week break from it all and got to go home (back to Germany). On the Morning of the 8th - an early 6:30 am - I finally was found in the Frankfurt Airport by Nasch. And not much of a suprise, it was snowing. I think that out of all my time living in "snow" country; seeing that snow fall was one of the most beautiful sights I've seen in a long time. Well the snow didn't last long. For the rest of the time that I was home it rained. I think that it dusted over a little onw night but it was soon gone by the warmth (I believe) that i brought with me from Kuwait...

During my vacation we didn't do a whole lot but at the same time we got (at least I think...) a lot done. We got a whole new bedroom; Bed, 2 night stands, a dresser, a chest for the end of the bed and two Armoirs... All for under450 dollars! That was about the first few days. We didn't jump on the first thing that we saw that we liked we shopped around a little bit.

Later on during the first week we went to the "wonderful" city of Cologne, Germany. Don't get me wrong the city it beautiful, but like I said '...it rained the whole time I was home...' It wasn't as bad when we got to Cologne but it drizzled all day long. We were going to stay the night in a hotel but on the way to find that hotel we decided that we would just head back home, sleep in our oen bed. That was the best decision of the day. The next day it rained buckets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home